Amending personal data

Amending personal data

What to do in the event of changes to personal data

Most changes have an influence on the pension plan relationship. To be able to guarantee the correct pension coverage, we need up-to-date and correct information about your employees. You as an employer are responsible for ensuring that the following data for the occupational pension plan of your employees is up to date. We recommend that you report any changes promptly since interest on assets and liabilities is calculated from the date of the bill as the value date.

This is how you proceed as an employer

Please ensure, as an employer, that the following data relating to your employees is always up to date:

Last name and first name

We send employees their pension certificate directly to their private address. Therefore, it is important that we always have the correct addresses of your employees. You will find further information on the dispatch of the pension certificate on the page Pension certificate.

Marital status

Please register the official marriage dates of your employees or the date on which they entered a registered partnership. This helps us to determine the status of the pension savings at the time of a change in marital status in accordance with the statutory provisions; this figure will be required in the event of a divorce or the dissolution of a registered partnership. You can find further information on the subject of «change of marital status» on the page Marriage/Cohabitation/Partnership.

Parental leave

Please inform us about the paternity or maternity leave of an employee. Depending on the pension plan, this will have an effect on the benefits of the occupational pension plan.

Salary and degree of employment

Please register any change in an employee’s salary or degree of employment. The registered annual salary of an insured individual directly determines the amount of insured benefits. The annual salary must, therefore, always correspond to the presumed AHV annual salary calculated over the calendar year as a whole.

Your next step

  1. The easiest method is to register a new employee via our online employee pension plan
  2. Alternatively, you can use the Amendment of personal data form.
  3. Send the completed form by mail or email to:

    Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
    Help Point BVG
    P.O. Box
    8085 Zurich

Please note

We will record the changes and send your employees a new pension certificate. If the premiums have changed, then you will, as an employer, receive a new premium invoice detailing the changes.

This is how you proceed as an employee

Please check the following data when you receive your new pension certificate and report any adjustments to your employer:

  • Change in marital status
  • Name changes
  • Salary changes

Your next steps

We will adjust your data immediately and send you an updated pension certificate.


Online employee pension plan

for employers

  • Manage your employees' contracts and pension data
  • Plan your liquidity on a basis of a daily updated balance
  • Calculate comfortably the contribution for new employees online

What might also interest you

Marriage / Cohabitation / Partnership

What to do in the case of a marriage or a registered partnership.

Change of salary

This is how you proceed with a change in an annual salary.